Case Study – Healthcare
The client offers paper-based (physical) checklists to hospitals to help them manage patient outcomes namely PCA Safety, OB VTE Safety Recommendations and the Stroke VTE Safety Recommendations. The client wanted to offer the checklists to hospitals to be used as an on-demand, subscription-based online service. This would help the hospitals to digitize patient information and make it highly available to the practitioners thereby improving productivity and reduce chances of errors. This would also help the client push updates to the safety checklist to all hospitals using the solution at once without any disruption to their practice. HIPAA compliance was not a requisite as the patient master information was not required to be recorded within the solution.
- High availability – The solution needs to be highly available
- Scalability – The solution must be scalable to accomodate changes to the checklist at a short notice
- Data security – Protecting critical patient checklist information
- Make it easy, intuitive and friction-less for medical practictioners to use the solution
To streamline the entire process of recording and accessing patient checklist information, we chose the Microsoft.NET platform with SQL Server. The personas of the medical practitioners who would use the solution was developed. The application was designed keeping UX principles in mind, to ensure that the relevant information was accessible intuitively and with as few clicks as possible. We chose Windows Azure as the cloud host for its dependability and ability to scale fast as might be needed in the future. Role-based access was implemented to ensure that the information can be accessed and updated only by authorized personnel. This solution was built and deployed as a SaaS solution for multiple tenants (hospitals).
- Boost productivity by digitizing checklist information as it makes it highly available to the users with the correct privileges at any given time
- Ensuring that only relevant and authorized practitioners can access the checklist information
- Domain : Healthcare
- Country : US
- Technology Stack : Microsoft .NET, Azure
- Development Framework : .NET Framework 4.0
- Database : SQL Server 2012
- ASP.NET MVC 4.5
- Entity Framework
- ASP.NET Web API
- SQL Server
- Windows Azure
Why work with us?
We strive to deliver holistic solutions using the perflect blend of ‘People’, ‘Process’ and ‘Technology’. Customer centricity is key to our culture and we walk the extra mile to ensure business success for our clients.