The client is a widespread NGO with over 20 chapters worldwide with 400+ members. With scale, the complexity in operations management increased drastically. With a wide number of ministries, chapters, members and initiatives, the need for a sophisticated information system to manage the day-to-day operations was inevitable. We suggested an Intranet Line-of-business workflow solution to manage every single detail with the objective of making the information available on-demand to members and office bearers per their respective roles.
- Concurrent Usage and High availability – The solution needs to cater to high number of users using the same set of information at the same time as well as be highly available
- Scalability – The solution must be scalable to accomodate changes in approval workflows
- Data security – Protecting critical member information
- Make it easy, intuitive and friction-less for non technical members to use the solution with no training
We chose the Microsoft.NET platform with the frontend as Bootstrap to deliver a feature-rich, mobile optimized Intranet solution to ensure the information can be accessed on-the-go from any device of choice. User centered design principles were followed in creating prototypes for an initial run with the client and a subset of their members. An easy-to-use, intuitive user interface ensured that the members who were not highly sensitised to technology were able to work with the solution seamlessly. The application was developed to handle high concurrency as often members would work together on the same set of information in near real-time. Error-handling was built in a way to receive system health updates regularly without the client having to intervene in case of an issue. In production already, we continue to offer near real-time online support to ensure minimal downtime.
- Boost productivity by digitizing the ministries, chapters and members information
- Creation and broadcasting of events, gatherings, annual meetings is quicker than before. Saves valuable time and effort on the office bearers.
- A centralized information system that tracks all activities of the NGO and alerts the respective office bearers to drive their attention to critical areas of information right on their dashboard.
- Domain : Not-for-Profit
- Country : South Africa
- Technology Stack : Microsoft .NET
- Development Framework : .NET Framework 4.0
- Database : SQL Server 2012
- ASP.NET MVC 4.5
- Entity Framework
- Twitter Bootstrap
- SQL Server
Why work with us?
We strive to deliver holistic solutions using the perflect blend of ‘People’, ‘Process’ and ‘Technology’. Customer centricity is key to our culture and we walk the extra mile to ensure business success for our clients.