Case Study – Real Estate
The client is a real-estate company engaged in building and maintaining residential and commercial projects in the United Kingdom. With growth in the number and sizes of real estate projects that the company was handling, the need for a Management Information System to track every project, proposal from inception to closure was vital. Access to high level information for the C-Suite was necessary to track projects underway and help monitor KPI’s. The ability to manage payroll, record and track employee timesheet data was critical to account for billable time on projects. The ability to centrally schedule resources and assign to projects was a key activity helping everyone involved with a clear view of people who will be working on which projects.
- Concurrent Usage and High availability – The solution needs to cater to high number of users working on the same set of information at the same time
- High availabiliy – The solution must be highly available for access on mobile devices and be fast to load on slower connections
- Security – A key concern for the stakeholders was the security of company information. The workflow was developed using industry standard security practices
- Scalability – The solution must be scalable to accomodate changes in business rules and workflows
- Make it easy, intuitive and friction-less for non technical members to use the solution with little to no training
We chose the Microsoft.NET platform for building a secure intranet portal to manage the day to day operations, communications and workflow for the client. An indepth analysis of the business workflow, operations and stakeholders needs was conducted to elicit the right requirements and develop a PoC (Proof of Concept) to be demonstrated to the key stakeholders. A SoW (Statement of Work) was developed and agreed upon with the management. Using the Agile approach, the work was prioritized in a product backlog and well defined sprints of 2-week duration assigned resulting in a Minimum Viable Product at the end of every sprint. This helped us garner feedback from the client regularly and ensure project completion within time and budget.
- Boost productivity by centralizing project and proposal workflows ensuring visibility to the project teams across the hierarchy
- Efficient timesheet management resulting in transparency aiding employee appraisals
- Domain : Real Estate
- Country : UK
- Technology Stack : Microsoft .NET
- Development Framework : .NET Framework 4.0
- Database : SQL Server 2012
- ASP.NET Web Forms
- Twitter Bootstrap
- SQL Server
Why work with us?
We strive to deliver holistic solutions using the perflect blend of ‘People’, ‘Process’ and ‘Technology’. Customer centricity is key to our culture and we walk the extra mile to ensure business success for our clients.