Case Study – Cleaning Services
The client is a cleaning services company operating under the franchisee model of a global cleaning services company. With a large number of personnel on the field and onsite and minimal communication/co-ordination with the managers, performance bottlenecks were starting to emerge with time. There was no clear demarcation of tasks and activities to be done, processes to be followed to deliver standardized services to clients. Cleaning supplies and miscellaneous inventories were not tracked often leading of loss in transit and spillage. Just-in-time inventory replenishment was missing due to untracked inventory levels across the company. The company needed a system to track physical goods, reorder supplies just-in-time and held people accountable for the tasks assigned to them.
- Concurrent Usage and High availability – The solution needs to cater to high number of users working on the same set of information at the same time
- High availabiliy – The solution must be highly available for access on mobile devices and be fast to load on slower connections on the field and client sites.
- Scalability – The solution must be scalable to accomodate changes in business rules and workflows
- Make it easy, intuitive and friction-less for non technical members to use the solution with little to no training
We chose the Microsoft.NET platform with the frontend as Bootstrap to deliver a feature-rich, mobile optimized business workflow solution to ensure easy information access from the field / onsite using any mobile/tablet device. User centered design principles were followed in creating prototypes for an initial run with the client and a subset of their members. An easy-to-use, intuitive user interface ensured that the members who were not highly sensitised to technology were able to work with the solution seamlessly. The application was developed to handle high concurrency as often members would work together on the same set of information in near real-time. Error-handling was built in a way to receive system health updates regularly without the client having to intervene in case of an issue. In production already, we continue to offer near real-time online support to ensure minimal downtime.
- Resulted in clear communication, accountabilty with company personnel
- Managed inventory levels efficiently ensuring that inventory was replenished just-in-time to ensure there is no oversupply or undersupply.
- Improved service levels to customers
- High morale and clarity among onsite personnel
- Ability to measure Key Performance Indicators on important parameters improving business management in realtime.
- Domain : Cleaning Services
- Country : South Africa
- Technology Stack : Microsoft .NET
- Development Framework : .NET Framework 4.0
- Database : SQL Server 2012
- ASP.NET Web Forms
- Twitter Bootstrap
- SQL Server
Why work with us?
We strive to deliver holistic solutions using the perflect blend of ‘People’, ‘Process’ and ‘Technology’. Customer centricity is key to our culture and we walk the extra mile to ensure business success for our clients.